ANGELSANDLAKERS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Recap from the GARY PAYTON signing at The OC Dugout.


First off let me say this was the BEST signing I've ever been to. I thought the Reggie Jackson back in July was topps! with Reggie Jackson wanting to go in threw the fornt door, so he could thank all the fans for coming out and posing for picturesthe.The  first person in line arrived at The OC Dugout around 8am. I didn't arrive till 10am and there was about 6 people waiting. At first i thought the event was cancelled, but then about 10:30am the crowd came out of nowhere. The fans came ready to meet the future Hall Of Famer. Gary Payton showed up early and thats always a good sign when the quset shows up early.Gary Payton showed up ready, and ready to meet the fans.




I was given permission to be inside by The OC Dugout when Gary Payton arrived and to hang out for the entire signing. The Gary Payton I seen while taking a tour of The OC Dugout, was a sports fan. Gary Payton's eyes were everywhere. Gary Payton was looking at  all the new packs of cards,all the memorabilia and the item that caught his eyes, was a Babe Ruth figure. Sad to say Gary Payton is a San Francisco Giants fan. That gose to show that no one is perfect.



Once the signing got started Gary Payton welcomed everyone by saying "hi and how are you" shaking hands and hi-fiving the kids.Everyone that asked for a picture with Gary Payton, Payton said "sure, lets get some pictures". Gary Payton would get right up from his seat,walk around the table, and pose with everyone. No Gary Payton didn't do the Bunny ears like Bert Blyleven did lol. Gary Payton took his time with everyone that came out. Fans would ask questions and Gary Payton would answer them. Gary Payton gave the fans what they wanted.



The OC Dugout started something new, Live streaming broadcasting on BlogTV.com. This is something that The OC Dugout started on their Black Friday Sale. The whole event was on Live. Thanks to Tara Wheeler this event was seen live by those that weren't able to attend. Not only were you able to see this event live, but you were able to ask Gary Payton questions. If you don't belive me just ask The Real Rally Monkey. Gary Payton gave The Real Rally Monkey a shout out. One of the questions that someone asked Gary Payton was. If Gary Payton was to make a come back, what NBA player would he like to play with... Kobe, Lebron or Wade.Gary Payton said " KOBE"


Speaking of Kobe. During the signing  Lance (owner) had Gary Payton open up a pack of Panini National Treasure Basketball and Gary Payton pulls a Kobe Bryant Autograph card, how sweet is that!



Gary Payton got up to take a quick break and seen some kids . Gary Payton then walked over to them, ask what packs of cards did they want and bought them. I have never seen that before, not by anyone let a lone by a pro athlete. Gary Payton made 4 new fans. I don't know what it is or how they do it, but The OC Dugout keeps surprising us fans with some great guest. The Reggie Jackson signing is what started this all for me.ever since that signing I've been a Fan of The OC Dugout and how they run their shop and signings. And I'm not the only one that thinks that wat about The OC Dugout. On Monday Nov, 28th I went to the Shaq book signing and I couldn't help but to hear a  great conversation about the Dee Gordon signing.  This goes to show how awesome these signings are. I can't wait to see who will be the next guest to blow us autograph seekers away. Till then I'll be the one wearing AngelsandLakers in the autograph line.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time! I wish I could've gone to this. Gary Payton is one of my all-time faves.

    I've only been to one appearance at the OC Dugout and it was for Dee Gordon. It was such a great event. Dee was running late and they bought us pizza while we were waiting!

    ReplyDelete